Give old fabric new life – Make Beeswax Wraps at Home!
Have fabric lying around? What about worn out sheets or clothing that you don’t know what to do with? Give that old fabric new life by turning them into reusable food wraps! Our special wax mixture (beeswax blended with just the right amount of tree resin and organic coconut oil) takes care of the tricky part when making DIY Beeswax Wraps – this secret blend has been tweaked, tried and tested to make wraps that last up to two years. The wax also comes with instructions for you to easily make your own wraps. This wax solution makes 6-10 beeswax wraps or around 1 square meter of beeswax wraps depending on thickness of cotton used, technique and size.
- First, set your iron to a low to medium setting
- Place baking paper or re-usable silicon mat on the ironing board
- Place fabric on to baking paper/silicon mat and sprinkle wax onto fabric – less is more
- Place another baking paper/silicon mat on top of fabric and wax
- Iron the top of the baking paper/silicon mat to melt wax all over the fabric (be careful not to allow the wax to ooze out of the baking paper/silicon mat as this will ruin your ironing board)
- Using a basting brush, brush the wax over the edges to make a clean corner finish
- Carefully lift the wax wrap off the baking paper/silicon mat and hang on string or hold it up for 30 seconds.
We’re now selling our proprietary wax mixture in big blocks so you can make your own reusable food wraps at home. This block of beeswax is blended with just the right amount of tree resin and organic coconut oil.
Beeswax Wrap Mixture
Give old fabric new life – make beeswax wraps at home!
Proprietary Beeswax Wrap Wax Mixture.
Block of Beeswax, Tree Resin and Coconut Oil.
Lasts for 6-10 Wraps or 1 square meter of Fabric.
- Tree Resin
- Organic Coconut Oil
It’s also a fun DIY kids craft that can be easily made in under an hour!