All about our beeswax blocks
Love beeswax wraps but want the challenge of making your own? This block of beeswax contains our proprietary blend of sustainably harvested beeswax, tree resin, and organic coconut oil to make the perfect consistency for crafting your own reusable and food-safe beeswax wraps at home. It takes care of the tricky part when making DIY beeswax wraps — after all, our secret blend has been tweaked, tried, and tested across thousands of wraps in our very own kitchen.
Turning this organic beeswax bar into wraps for food storage is easier than you might think. Give life to worn-out sheets, old clothing, or any other fabric you’ve got lying around by following the instructions included with this. Easily make your own wraps in under an hour — ideal for a fun kids’ DIY day or for adults to channel their inner crafter!
Instructions for making beeswax wraps
- First, set your iron to a low to medium setting
- Place a sheet of baking paper or a reusable silicon mat on the ironing board
- Place your fabric of choice onto the baking paper/silicon mat and sprinkle the ready made beeswax drops onto the fabric. Remember: less is more!
- Place another sheet of baking paper/silicon mat on top of the fabric and wax
- Iron the top of the baking paper/silicon mat to melt the beeswax all over the fabric (be careful not to allow the wax to ooze out of the baking paper/silicon mat as this will ruin your ironing board)
- Using a basting brush, brush the wax over the edges to ensure a clean corner finish
- Carefully lift the beeswax wrap off the baking paper/silicon mat and hang it on a piece of string or hold it up for 30 seconds.
- 100% organic
- Certified food safe
- Antibacterial and antimicrobial
- 100% biodegradable and home compostable
- Plastic and silicone free
- Sustainably harvested and pesticide-free beeswax
- Tree resin
- Organic coconut oil