Whether you’re in the northern hemisphere gearing up for winter or in the southern getting ready to enjoy summer in full swing, these Carrot Bliss Balls will hit the spot. With a touch of maple syrup and cinnamon they have a festive flavour that works well during the holidays, but are a raw, healthy treat that you won’t feel guilty snacking on or enjoying on the beach.
Like our Super Quiffins recipe, we recommend making a couple batches at once – they’ll go quickly, just watch! – then storing them in a tray covered by your SuperBee Beeswax Wrap. Carrot Bliss Balls are an easy, and good for you, morning or afternoon treat.
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 ½ cups desiccated coconut (with extra for rolling)
- 2 medium carrots
- 10-12 pieces of canned pineapple patted dry with a paper towel
- ½ cup sultanas or raisins
- 1 T. maple syrup
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- Blitz the walnuts in a food processor on a high speed until a meel is made and set aside
- In the food processor blend the carrots until they are finely chopped
- Add the walnut meel, cinnamon, pineapple and maple syrup in with the carrots and mix on medium speed until combined
- Scrape down the sides of the processor and add the sultanas mixing on a low speed until the sultanas are combined
- Shape into the mixture into small balls and roll in the coconut before placing on a lined baking tray and putting the tray in the freezer to set
Once the balls have hardened and keep their shape, they’re ready to enjoy!